Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

34w6d doctor appt

It's hard to believe this was our last NST and last appt with the MFM! The NST went well, although I was pretty uncomfortable on the small table today. It seems to get smaller every week. Jason was with me, and we really tried to savor this last chance to hear their heartbeats for an extended period of time. so bittersweet. The babies passed their test after about 40 minutes, with lots of movement and hiccuping throughout.

Then we had a nice long talk with the doctors about what to expect with the c-section, risks and benefits of doing the delivery this week vs. next week, etc. I'm nervous about the surgery but I know I'm in good hands. All my vital stats are still holding steady, which is good. I also got the first of 2 steroid shots to help the babies' lungs. I'll have the second one tomorrow morning (they have to be 24 hours apart). We're also hoping to be able to talk with a neonatologist tomorrow to get an idea of what to expect about the babies' stay in the hospital. If there's not one available, we'll certainly get to talk with one on Thursday. We're hoping to be able to bring at least one of them straight home, but we need to be realistic about possible NICU time, esp. if any of them are less than 5 pounds.

I was so sore and achy by the time I got home from the appointment - it was hard to get comfortable for my nap, and I have taken my share of Tylenol today. I can't wait till I'm allowed to take stronger painkillers!

We don't know the time of the c-section yet - they will call us Wednesday evening and let us know when to arrive on Thursday. Since we don't have fancy smart phones with internet access, we will probably wait till later in the day to fire up our laptop and send out emails about their arrival. Then we'll update the blog with pictures when we can. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. just found your blog and wanted to say congrats on growing those babies! I had my trio at 33w 5d and they only spent 10 days in the NICU so the chances that at least one of yours will be a take home baby is pretty good! Good Luck with the c-section and I am looking forward to continue reading about your family!

    ReplyDelete