Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

31w6d doctor appointment

Quick update: all is still well! Everybody is holding steady - babies, me, and my cervix. I'm so excited to be 32 weeks tomorrow! This was really my first major goal and I'm so glad my body and the babies have cooperated thus far. The doctor wants to shoot for at least 34 weeks, so that's our next goal. He said if labor started between now and then they would at least try to stop it so I could keep the babies in a little longer. But of course it all depends on the particular circumstances. I will try my best to behave on bedrest and will ask the babies to do the same.

I had an NST (non-stress test) today to monitor the babies' heartrates. It involves strapping on a heartrate monitor for each baby, plus a contraction monitor for me. I really want to get a picture of this someday so you can see my belly criss-crossed with pink and blue straps. Babies A & B were pretty cooperative, but C was a troublemaker and kept moving around and falling off the monitor. Still, she looked good enough that they said we passed the test. And no contractions during the test either, which was good. Seems like the medicine is working.

Next NST is this Friday, and then next Tuesday we finally get another growth ultrasound so we can see how big the babies are now. I can't wait!

Now if only I can manage the discomfort for just a few more weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment