We had what was probably our last growth scan today, since they only do them every 4 weeks. I told them that if the babies were still inside at 36w6d then they'd better take me straight to the OR and skip the ultrasound! It's getting harder to tell what parts are what on the ultrasound since the babies are so big and smushed, so we didn't get any pictures today.
Here are the stats:
Baby A (girl): 4lbs 11oz 50th percentile (compared with singletons)
Baby B (boy): 4lbs 3oz 38th percentile
Baby C (girl): 4lbs 3oz 37th percentile
So that is 13 pounds of baby! They each gained about 1.5 pounds in the last month. There is a margin of error of +/- half a pound, but I prefer to think of them as being on the fatter side. No wonder I suddenly got a lot more uncomfortable recently!
They also included what's called a BioPhysical Profile (BPP) while doing the ultrasound. They look for specific markers of the babies' development, including their movement and muscle tone, the amount of amniotic fluid, and whether they are practicing respiration. Apparently it's important for them to start practicing their "breathing" skills while in utero. They all passed the BPP (scored 8 out of 8), but Baby A was very sleepy and barely passed the practice breathing criterion. All their heart rates were good too.
Ooh - the other cool thing about today's ultrasound was that we saw that Baby A has hair! I wonder what color it will be...with Jason having dark hair and eyes, and me having light hair and eyes, we could end up with all kinds of adorable combinations.
Then it was over to the MFM's office for my regular appointment. Everything is still stable - cervix good, BP good, weight good, not too puffy yet. I'm only a few pounds away from my weight gain goal of 60 pounds. I never thought I would be trying to gain so much weight!
I have another NST scheduled for Friday, and then MFM appointment next Tuesday. We're just taking it day by day and week by week. They won't even talk about scheduling a c-section until I hit 34 weeks. So until then I'll keep eating and napping and trying to figure out how to roll over in bed without getting out of breath. :)

We want to see the belly!!!!
ReplyDeleteThose are some healthy babies in there!! Cook a little longer little ones.
ReplyDeleteTake care of yourself and enjoy this last but of time with DH:)
Hang in there Lisa. You are doing awesome! Steele/Barb
ReplyDelete