Here's the update from today's appointment: Everything is good!
Babies' heart rates are strong
My blood pressure is still nice and low (110/58)
My weight gain is steady (45 pounds so far!)
Cervix is stable at 1cm dilated - no changes in the past week
Fundal height (basically the size of my belly) is 39cm, which means my belly is around the same size as someone who is 39 weeks pregnant with one baby!
Oh - and a few weeks ago I took the 1 hour glucose tolerance test (to test for gestational diabetes) and I passed. yay! no diabetes for me. :)
The doctor jokingly complained that I'm a boring patient. :) I'm supposed to continue the strict bedrest and the medication to manage contractions, and will continue having weekly appointments. The goal is still to get me to at least 32 weeks. Next Tuesday we will have a long ultrasound of the babies so they can measure their growth and we can find out how much they weigh now.
And I have met two of my mini-goals this week! I did not deliver the babies in January, and I have successfully made it to 28 weeks (well, I'll be 28 weeks tomorrow). The next mini-goal is to make it to 30 weeks, although honestly every day that I stay pregnant is a victory as far as I'm concerned.
In other good news, my mom is here staying with us this week. Jason is thrilled to get a break from the constant care-taking, and I am looking forward to starting to organize the nursery with mom. She also got to come to the appointment this morning - I liked that she was able to meet my doctors and nurses and see what my appointments are like.
That's all for now!

No comments:
Post a Comment