Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 4, 2010

I think I've hit a wall

Remember the complaining I've been doing in the last few weeks? Ignore it. This complaint is for real this time. Baby C is still wedged up in my right ribs, and in the last few days the pain has gotten increasingly worse. Yesterday it hurt to cough, sneeze, take a deep breath, and move. Until now I've been able to move around fairly well - my belly is big and I get out of breath but it hasn't been painful to move - just awkward. Well, I think we've crossed the bridge into painful. It's hard to find a comfortable position when sitting or lying down, and then when I have to shift positions it starts all over again. I've tried gently massaging my ribs in a downward motion to try to get her to move, asking her nicely to move, and threatening her with being grounded as soon as she's born. :) Nothing has worked yet, although Tylenol sometimes takes the edge off. I know I'm not unique in this - lots of moms of singletons also deal with the baby in ribs issue. I just would really prefer not to have her in my ribs for the next 4-6 weeks. This is the first time I've actually thought that I want the babies out sooner rather than later, just to get rid of the pain. Of course I want them to stay in as long as possible, but when I can't do anything without pain in my ribs I start to get a little cranky and just want them out.

In other news, my mom is still here and might have to be here until Monday since we're expecting another snowstorm this weekend. This is the craziest winter ever! I don't think we've had this much snow in the 6 years we've lived here. At least it's a good season for me to be stuck inside!

1 comment:

  1. You guys are having more snow than we are! We haven't had any in over a month, I think.

    ReplyDelete