Well, it's the one month anniversary of being admitted to the hospital, and I'm back from another thankfully uneventful OB appointment. Cervix is holding steady, heard the babies' heartbeats, BP is good, weight gain is good. My fundal height (basically uterus size) is 44cm, which is approximately equal to 44 weeks pregnant! The doctor again said I "couldn't be doing better" and we're just going to continue the weekly checks until it looks like there is a need to deliver the babies.
I had been feeling anxious because I hadn't felt as much movement from the babies in the last couple of days. So the doctor talked with me about kick counts and tried to reassure me that they are probably just running out of room in there. I tried to talk him into an ultrasound for reassurance but it didn't work. I guess hearing the heartbeats on the doppler is good enough for him. I will keep trying to work on anxiety management - I feel like we are in the home stretch and I just don't want to miss any signs of the babies being in distress.
I'm also in a dangerous mental place where I'm uncomfortable enough that I'm starting to want the babies out, but then I know that I truly want them to stay in at least 4 more weeks. But geez, how big will my belly be at that point?? It's growing an average of 2cm per week. I will try to hang in there, and I will save all my bedrest complaints for another post.
Time for a nap now. Phew!

Hang in there girl-you are so brave and so tough. I know you can do this-my thoughts and prayers are with you all every day!
ReplyDelete