Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

30w6d doctor appointment

Well, I've already seen the doctors twice this week. We took a quick trip to labor & delivery yesterday because I had been having some contractions that were stronger and more frequent than usual. Even though it is expected that I would be having contractions at this point, I was told to come in if there were any changes, so that's what I did. Better safe than sorry. We got all the babies and me hooked up to monitors, and everybody looked great. Their heartrates were strong and they took turns kicking the nurse when she was trying to find the heartbeats. Of course I didn't have any contractions while I was there because my medication had finally kicked in. Cervix was unchanged, and no signs of infection. So I got to go back home! I really don't want to have to spend a lot of time in the hospital again until I deliver.

This morning was our regular doctor appointment. I had to humor an earnest medical student who had to find the heartbeats with the doppler. I feel good about giving the med students experience with triplets, but sometimes it does get old. I could find the heartbeats faster by myself at this point! We asked the attending doctor about more frequenting monitoring appointments as we enter the home stretch, and he agreed. So starting next week I will have two appointments per week for something called a Non-Stress Test. The NST is basically what they did for me in L&D yesterday - hook everyone up to monitors to track heartrates and contractions, and make sure that no one is in distress. If there are signs of distress then they would follow up with an ultrasound. Although it will be tiring to go in twice a week, I feel better about the closer monitoring.

And finally, I can't believe I'll be 31 weeks tomorrow! I'm starting to think that maybe I really will make it to 34-36 weeks. Of course things can change anytime, but so far so good!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad things are going well. I enjoy following your story. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete