Back from another big appointment! Well, I've been back for 4 hours but had to take a 3 hour nap to recover. We had the ultrasound at 8:30am, then had a break before the 10:30 OB/MFM appointment, so Jason was able to get me a bacon, egg, & cheese sandwich from the hospital cafeteria. It was so good and totally revived me. Then there was more waiting at the OB/MFM appt. but at least they got us into a room more quickly so I could lie down while waiting. Afterwards Jason took me to the McDonald's drive through so I could get a cheeseburger and fries. I think the mild anemia is starting to get to me so I am craving beef again - just like in the first trimester. Don't worry, I am now eating a healthier snack of cottage cheese.
Ok, enough about my eating habits. Here are everyone's statistics:
Baby A: 3lbs, 1 oz, 59th percentile. We got to see her swallowing on the ultrasound!
Baby B: 2 lbs, 11oz, 47th percentile
Baby C: 2 lbs, 11oz, 46th percentile
That is around 8.5 pounds of baby! No wonder I look like a full-term pregnant lady.
Oh, and the best news - Baby C has moved down below my ribs instead of being in them! I had been feeling better the past few days but was afraid to hope that she had moved out. Let's hope it's a permanent move!
All the babies looked good in terms of movement, amniotic fluid, and placentas. The doctor was optimistic enough about how well I'm doing to schedule our next growth scan for 4 weeks from now. He feels it's realistic to expect me to get to at least 34 weeks, but of course he can't predict that with certainty. If they are still inside me 4 weeks from now, he expects they'll be at least 4 pounds, which would be awesome.
Ok, now my stats:
BP: still great at 110/60
cervix: holding steady at 3.5cm long, 1cm dilated
weight gain: getting very close to my minimum goal of 50 pounds; averaging about a 2 pound gain per week.
So the plan is to continue bedrest, continue eating lots of high calorie/high protein foods, and keep growing the babies as long as possible.

No comments:
Post a Comment