I really try to stay positive every day. I am grateful that the babies are doing well and are still gestating, and that I didn't have any complications until week 26. I am grateful that we live only 5 minutes from a wonderful teaching hospital with a high-level NICU. I am really really grateful for Jason's care-taking and all of our friends and family who are helping us out.
However....I need to whine. If you can't tolerate whining, stop reading now.
I am getting more uncomfortable by the day. As mentioned in the previous post, Baby C's head is now in my right ribs, making it hard to lay on that side. I get out of breath while eating, and I get full quickly. This morning Jason made me a great egg and sausage dish, and I could only eat half of it. I kept getting out of breath and having to take breaks. Then, 15 minutes after I gave up (and the meal was cold) I felt hungry again. Those of you who know me well know how much I love to eat - it's frustrating to have to eat tiny amounts at a time and then have to stare at good food that I'm too full to eat. I guess Jason is going to have to fix me smaller portion sizes, and I'm going to have to eat more "mushy" food (yogurt, pudding, cottage cheese, milkshakes). I'm worried that I won't be getting enough calories for the babies now that I get full so quickly.
I'm not bored on bedrest - I have plenty to do and lots of visitors - but it's uncomfortable to sit up for long periods, so I'm going to have to find more things I can do while laying on my side.
I guess that's really all. My main meltdown this morning was about food and hunger and not being able to breathe. Guess I should stop typing and lay down for a nap! Thanks for listening...

Lisa
ReplyDeletebitch away you have the right to and I would be so cranky at the food thing-i love food as well! I was told that babies will always take everything they need first before mom so I bet you are getting enough calories to them-you are so brave and so tough and these babies are lucky to have you and jason as their parents! Hang in there you are a star!
kat