Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Holding steady!

It is day 2.5 of hospital lockdown, and things are looking good. Here's what's been happening in the last 24 hours:

--the medication to prevent contractions (Procardia) seems to be helping - I'm on the monitor now and haven't had any contractions. My uterus is "irritable" though - probably just from trying to hold on to 3 babies while being so stretched out. I think that bedrest should continue to help decrease the irritability.

--the babies are still happy and healthy. They wiggle around so much during the times they have to be monitored that it takes forever to get a long enough read on their heart rates. When they're really misbehaving we have to get out the ultrasound machine, which is fine with me because then I get to see them! Or rather, I just see parts of them - it's hard to get a full view of anyone as they get bigger.

--now that I've had the 2nd steroid shot, they are letting me get up from bed a little today. I get to use the bathroom instead of a bedpan, and later I'll get to take a shower! They want to see how my body reacts to this level of activity before they send me home.

--they are still hoping/planning to discharge me tomorrow as long as nothing gets worse. Once I'm home I think the plan will be strict bedrest (only getting up for bathroom and shower), which means I'm going to have to get very good at being patient! I knew I'd probably have to do this eventually, but I was hoping for a few more weeks of freedom.

So...thanks for everyone's phone calls and emails of support. We will keep you updated as events warrant!

No comments:

Post a Comment