I was released from the hospital this morning and home by noon! Although it wasn't awful to be there, I am grateful I didn't have to stay longer. The only things I will miss are the ability to raise and lower the head of my bed (rather than pile up 500 pillows) and having a nurse available at the touch of a button. Although Jason does a great job of waiting on me, I will have to live without his assistance while he's at work.
I was able to go home because my cervix has stayed stable, I have not had more contractions, and the babies are doing fine. The 5am baby monitoring today was the easiest yet - I think the babies were still sleeping so they didn't move around as much. It's so cool to hear their heartbeats and to hear how each one is slightly different. I will continue to take Procardia (nifedipine) every 6 hours around the clock to prevent contractions. Luckily I don't have any side effects from it.
So I am parked in bed, can only get up for bathroom and shower, and generally just need to not move around too much. This weekend we'll get the bedroom all set up so I have everything I need within reach, and we are in the process of arranging for people to visit me at lunchtime in order to prep my food and let the dog out.
The doctors say that a goal of 32-34 weeks gestation is still realistic for me, so let's hope that I'm stuck in bed for 8 more weeks! (I'm 26w2d right now)

No comments:
Post a Comment