Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sore toes, and other side effects of pregnancy

"They" say that your body changes in all kinds of ways during and after pregnancy, but I didn't really believe it. I had a "it won't happen to me" mentality. Surely I would be back in my regular clothes pretty quickly! Well, I have learned my lesson.

Yesterday I had to go out and buy 3 new pairs of shoes, plus a new pair of slippers. Apparently my feet have grown an entire size in the last 9 months. My toes and feet have been really sore and swollen lately, and at first I couldn't figure out why. Then I realized that all my shoes were too tight, even my slippers. It feels like I've stubbed my toes a million times (which I have, actually, with all the baby clutter we have in the house). So I now have big new sneakers and 2 other pairs of shoes (open-toed, to reduce squishing), as well as a pair of open-toed slippers. Of course now I'm still stubbing my toes due to the open shoes!

And then there are my clothes. I had to buy a bunch of new t-shirts in extra large due to (ahem) growth in a certain area. I've been wearing yoga pants almost exclusively, since none of my pants fit. I really thought that once my maternity clothes were too big, I'd at least be able to fit into the biggest sizes in my closet - the clothes I bought at the beginning of pregnancy last fall when I was bloated but not showing yet. I've lost 55 of the 60 pounds I gained during pregnancy, so I don't think this is an unreasonable expectation. Finally today I was able to suck in my belly enough to be able to button and zip a pair of size 12 pants. I really hope I can fit into some of my work pants in July. I can't afford a whole new work wardrobe too!

I'm hoping to be able to continue to lose the weight that I slowly gained before pregnancy (thanks, fertility treatments!) so that I can enjoy my wardrobe again instead of having a full closet but nothing to wear. I could seriously open up a clothing store with all the different sizes that are in my closet now.

I'm slowly getting back into exercising as my stamina increases. My goal is a daily walk with the dog and babies (pushing a double stroller uphill is hard work!) and getting to one yoga class per week. Maybe someday I'll even have the time to do some of the yoga DVDs I have at home. Being able to do housework again helps too. I love vacuuming!

Ok, enough self-indulgent talk. Let's have a couple of baby pictures to finish out this post.

Zoey and Lucas hanging out on a boppy together



Lucas and Abby on the recliner

No comments:

Post a Comment