Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 17, 2010

Careful what you wish for...

Remember when I said I wished their feedings weren't quite so staggered in the middle of the night, so I wouldn't have to be awake as long? Well, I got my wish last night when all of them were screaming for their food at precisely the same time (4:11am). It was a bit of a circus for me to get each of their diapers changed, get re-swaddled, and get them fed. I settled them all in on boppies on the couch and sat on the coffee table in front of them. Then I fed 2 at a time while 1 waited. Usually it was poor Abby, who is laid back enough that she just waited quietly for me to put the bottle back in her mouth. The squeaky wheel gets the grease around here, and last night Zoey and Lucas were the squeakiest. (I may have to learn to hold a bottle with a foot!) I eventually got them all fed and burped and back in bed, but since it was hard to really take the time to soothe each one to sleepiness before putting them in their cribs, it was another 15 min at least before they were all quiet. The whole thing took an hour, whereas if I had fed them each one at a time it would have been an hour and a half.

I wasn't coherent enough to take a picture of them all lined up on the couch, so here are some daytime pics of cuddling on boppies:

Lucas and Abby

Lucas and Zoey

No comments:

Post a Comment