Nursing is also a nice way to have quality time. A couple of weeks ago Lucas woke up later than the girls for breakfast (they were already back down for their naps), and we had such a sweet time together on the couch - he nursed, while I drank my coffee and watched the Today show. Even Mojo the cat got in on it by cuddling right up against Lucas. Times like that help me to get a glimpse of what it might be like to have just one baby at a time.
Not that I would trade all 3 for anything, of course. On Friday we had the best group cuddle ever. They were all sort of fussy, and I ended up tandem nursing Lucas and Abby, with Zoey squished in between them - all on the twin nursing pillow. Then they all fell asleep - Zoey on Lucas's tummy, Abby on Zoey's tummy, and all of them on my tummy. We all napped together that way for quite awhile. I was sad when they started to wake up - I wanted it to last longer. They always seem so happy to pile on top of each other to sleep, and they were so relaxed. Until they got fussy again, of course.
I don't have any pictures of these sweet cuddly moments, so here are some other recent pics instead...
hanging out on their boppies on the couch
Lucas relaxing on the recliner
Lucas and Abby enjoying tummy time together

No comments:
Post a Comment