Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

More mom milestones and Abby's growth

I finally got to drive this past weekend! I hadn't driven a car since January 19, the day I was admitted to the hospital for pre-term labor. It was exciting to add another bit of freedom to my life. Of course now I have no more excuses to avoid the grocery store...

Also, I finally feel healed enough from the c-section to start "wearing" the babies in our Moby wrap. It's a really cool carrier that can hold one or two babies, leaving my hands free to do housework...or waste time online. :)

 

On the downside, I still have carpal tunnel in my left wrist. Although it's better than it was during pregnancy, apparently lifting babies all day (even super tiny lightweight babies) is not helping it get better. I'm hoping that wearing my wrist brace most of the time will help...

And in Abby news, she is really growing! She is now able to wear some newborn clothes and newborn size diapers (instead of preemie). I swear her cheeks get chubbier every day. :)

 

She has also figured out how to use momentum to roll onto her tummy from her back/side. Being in the pack n'play helps even more, since the mattress is a bit slanty. Don't worry, we don't let them sleep like this unsupervised! We thought it was cute how they arranged themselves as if they were in utero again. Every time we moved them apart they'd shimmy close to each other again within a few minutes.

 
 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. oh my! that progression of them getting closer together is just priceless... it warms my heart!

    wasn't it weird driving after not having done it in so long? i was nervous at first- it had only been about 2 or so months for me... but especially when i had the little bird in the car. i drove like an old woman!

    and kudos on the moby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lisa! This is Kristin Bogle from grad school - I found your blog through AD's, and I couldn't resist taking a peek at the babies. They are so cute!!! Congratulations to you and Jason! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, they are so cute!! I love how they snuggle closer together!!!

    ReplyDelete