Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 5, 2010

Mom's Milestones

Enough about the babies. What about me??

I'm doing well - recovery from the surgery is going fairly smoothly. The main problem is that I'm so excited to be off bedrest that I'm on my feet too much during the day. I need to remember to lie down when I can!

I have lost around 30-35 pounds so far. Of course half of it was the babies, and the other half was probably all the fluids they pumped into me in the hospital. I'm pretty pleased with how much my belly has shrunk so far.

As a reminder, here's what I looked like on 3/24:
 
Posted by Picasa



And here's what I looked like earlier today, on 4/5:
 

Hopefully I'll be able to get in better shape by the summer so I don't scare too many people at the pool. It will help when I'm allowed to exercise again - pushing a triple stroller around our hilly neighborhood is bound to get me in shape.

Other recent milestones besides weight loss include:
--On the day we got home from the hospital, I sat at the kitchen table and ate a meal with my husband for the first time in 2 months. It was very nice.

--Yesterday I took my first trip to a store since December. I had to have my mom drive me since I'm not cleared to drive yet, but it was the first time I had set foot in a store in about 3 months! Even before strict bedrest, I had slowed down on the errands and shopping, and I often waited in the car while Jason ran in to buy things. So shopping independently was pretty exciting. It was also exhausting - I had to take a nap when I got home.

--I had a doctor appt today to check my blood pressure (it was high in the hospital). I still had someone drop me off at the outpatient entrance, but I walked to the office instead of being pushed in a wheelchair! It was very liberating.

So while some people might feel trapped at home with their babies, I'm so happy to be able to move around that I'm feeling pretty free right now.

:)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. You look great!!!! wow! and I can only imagine how exciting and freeing being able to do those simple things felt for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete