I started out the morning by getting to sleep "late" (7am!). Jason made waffles with our new waffle maker, and then we wrangled the kids into their clothes and shoes. We loaded them up into the van and drove to my parents' house.
 |
| When we arrived at my parents' house the kids had to run to the piano first, of course. They notice when MeMe tried to play "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" without having the songbook open to the right page. Can't put anything past these kids. |
 |
| Then they all rode their tricycles up and down the sidewalk. They liked it better than our sloped driveway. |
|
 |
| Next it was time for sidewalk chalk and bubbles. |
|
 |
| Of course Zoey had to have purple and Abby had to have pink. Lucas had blue and methodically made one line in each sidewalk square. |
 |
| All of this activity made us hungry, so we had a little snack on the sun porch. |
 |
| After nap, I wanted to get a picture of myself with the kids. Ha. |
 |
| Lucas especially wanted no part of it, and Abby was still groggy from nap. |
 |
| Zoey was happy to pose though. |
 |
| Just me, sitting on my new garden bench, where I'll get to go hide from the kids and relax. |
 |
| Three generations! |
|
|
Overall it was a great Mother's Day...I got to spend time with my family, do some gardening, drink a lot of coffee, and be grateful for what I have.
Just for fun, let's peek back at past Mother's Days. I can't believe this is my third one!
Mother's Day 2011
Mother's Day 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment