Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Moms of multiples playdate

Yesterday I took the babies to one of our local Moms of Multiples playdates. It was at a local indoor play space, where they have big inflatable bounce houses for bigger kids, and a toddler play room for little kids. The other kids in the toddler room were all 2-3 years old, so A,L,&Z watched them play but didn't interact much until another 11 month old arrived.

At first they just sat pretty still and observed. Eventually they started exploring and playing. It was fun for me to see them try out some new toys so I can get an idea of what they might like at home. They played really well with each other and on their own for about an hour. I was ready for lunch before they were!


They had this cool track for a riding car that had little hills. Lucas loved zooming down the track in his car!


Eating lunch after playtime. I had to try really really hard not to worry about germs on the highchairs and table. They left a big mess on the floor but behaved well the whole time.


We definitely attracted a lot of attention there, even from the twin moms. People kept saying "I don't know how you do it". I'm still not sure how to answer that one, except to say [sarcastically but nicely] "well, what was my choice? give one or two back?" or "it's tiring but fun!" [said in a chipper voice]

1 comment:

  1. I have been looking for one of these groups around here too but they're really hard to find! That's the number one question I get too about having triplets! The best one is when people say "I feel sorry for you"! Now I ask them "Why"? They usually don't know how to answer that!

    ReplyDelete