Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Sleep and other updates

It's been a better week. Abby is really getting the hang of falling asleep on her own - we put her down drowsy and she just sucks her thumb, holds on to her hair, watches her musical crib soother, and conks out. It's great! Now that her thrush and diaper rash are starting to improve, her sleep is improving as well. She has gone from 6 hours at a time to 8 hours, and 11 hours last night! Lucas has had several nights of 10-11 hour stretches. Zoey is still only making it 3-6 hours at a time. It will be so amazing when at least 2 of them are sleeping 10-12 hours consistently!

In other news, I sort of started back to work on July 1. I only went in for a couple of hours, just to do a "practice run" to see how long it takes to get ready and get there, and to see how GrandMary survives on her own. Next week I'll go in for a few hours a day. My plan is to work 20 hours a week. It's hard to leave the babies, but I know they're in good hands, and at least it's not full-time work.

Wednesday was overalls day. Unfortunately we didn't have any overalls that were small enough to fit Zoey.



Mojo enjoys cuddling while Lucas is nursing. I didn't really imagine the twin nursing pillow being used for a baby and a cat.


Enjoying their new fluffy bath towels




Cuddling


1 comment:

  1. Lisa,

    Thanks so much for sharing your experiences. I started following your blog after my friend Anne Henry told me about your family while I was in the hospital waiting for my three to arrive. Mine are 6 1/2 weeks old. Eva, Alex(Alexander), and Lucy. Its been comforting for me to know that other families are going through similar joys and challenges. I'm very impressed with how often you update. And congrats on all that breast feeding! I had to finally throw in the towel this week. I am very encouraged to hear they are getting ever closer to long stretches of sleep at night as I'm sure you are too. They are absolutely adorable. I hope you are getting help and sleep so you can enjoy this time with them as much as possible.

    If you are interested I have a poorly updated website http://www.earlymiller.com/ .

    Take care!
    Martha

    ReplyDelete