Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 9, 2010

our week in review

Well, it's been a busy week. It started out great, with my mom and I getting massages at a local spa courtesy of Jason. He wanted to get us a little gift before I went back to work, and it was much appreciated. I think I need a daily professional massage!

Then I had the babies on my own in the mornings, and my mom had them in the afternoons while I went to work. Some days went well...and some didn't. We're going to have to keep experimenting with the schedule. We will have a mother's helper here when we can, but pre-teen girls have very busy schedules these days!

In many ways it was nice to be back at work - it was like re-discovering a piece of my identity that I had put aside for 6+ months. Being a therapist again after a 7 month break was just like riding a bike - I fell back into it without too much trouble. At least so far.

I definitely missed the babies a lot though. I have a great digital picture frame for my office that cycles through as many pictures as I can load onto it. The only problem with it is when I stare at pictures of the babies for several hours, it makes me miss them even more and I have to leave work early!

In challenging news, the babies all have thrush now. That's 4 doses of medicine a day for all 3 babies for at least 2 weeks. Plus sterilizing all nipples, pacifiers, burp cloths, etc. Plus their extra crankiness and sleep problems due to mouth pain. Abby has still slept the best (13 hours one night!), but Zoey and Lucas have been troublemakers. Hopefully they'll sleep longer once they're feeling better.

Here are some pictures from the week...

Jason thinks it's funny to take pictures of the babies wearing his sunglasses




Abby enjoying some relaxation time by herself in the recliner


Sweet morning cuddle


Watching the mobile above Zoey's crib while waiting in line for diaper/outfit changes


Zoey isn't sure how she feels about having Lucas' heavy head on her

No comments:

Post a Comment