Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Synchronicity

We're making sleep progress! Or at least, we did last night. The babies all got their last meal between 7 and 8pm, were all asleep by 8:30pm, and all slept till 2:30am. I replaced pacifiers when they woke up and they slept another 30 minutes. That's a simultaneous 6.5 hours! No staggered meals! I was only up for 2 hours total! (feeding time plus diapering, soothing back to sleep, and pumping) Of course that also meant simultaneous screaming at 3am by 3 babies who wanted to be fed immediately. I didn't really mind the screaming, but felt bad for Jason, who had to get up at 4am to catch a 6am flight. He really didn't need the 3am wake-up call. Of course, it was also a "welcome to my life" moment as he stumbled out of bed at 4:15 while I was pumping, as I do every night. Yeah, not fun to be up at that time of night, is it??

Yes, I'm obsessed with sleep, but that's because I need more of it! I go back to work in a month, and we really need the babies to at least be mostly sleeping through the night by then. Otherwise there are going to be some serious discussions about who has to get up in the middle of the night. I still have to pump every 3-4 hours, but I'm trying to figure out how to spread that out at night since the babies have dropped a nighttime bottle.

Some cute pictures from today...
Zoey and Lucas fell asleep on the couch last night while waiting for Abby to fall asleep in the nursery (Abby can be a bit difficult to get to sleep when she's had a fussy day, so we don't like to put the other babies in there with her until she's been asleep for awhile)


Lucas happy about his dinner, and Abby groggy after a nap


Abby and Zoey sleeping after tandem nursing for their breakfast

1 comment: