Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Funny things they say

I've been meaning to write some of these things down for awhile now...the kids are hilarious with their longer sentences and conversations. Here are some examples:

Scene 1: Lucas crawling on to my lap at dinner
Lucas: there's a burger in my jammies
Mom: there's a booger on your jammies?
Lucas: no - there's a BURGER in my jammies
Mom: looks down, sees a lump in the leg of his jammies. Investigates, and finds a plastic toy hamburger patty in the leg of his footie jammies. "How did it get there, Lucas?" "I put it down my shirt" Hysterical laughter ensues.

Scene 2: Abby finds a preemie outfit that we've put with the doll clothes
Abby: what's this daddy?
Dad: it's an outfit that Lucas wore when he was a baby
Abby to Lucas: Lucas, when you get little again and be a baby you wear this - it has a dog on it!
Lucas to Abby: I'm not a baby, I'm Lucas!

Scene 3: Mom is starving and trying to make herself lunch while little people swarm around her
Zoey: what'cha doin' mom?
Mom: I'm trying to make a damn sandwich!
Zoey: I want a damn sandwich too!

Scene 4:  Kids are playing with hair bows, scrunchies, head bands, etc. Dad plays along, and fills his hair with ridiculous pink and purple accessories.
Dad: How do I look?
Abby: Be a man, Daddy!

Scene 5: Mom is getting dressed for work. Zoey says "you have a pretty purple dress". Mom suggests that Zoey wears her purple dress today. Zoey picks out striped tights to go with her dress...
Zoey: where are your striped tights, mom?
Mom: I don't have any.
Zoey: don't worry, Santa will bring you some striped tights soon.

And a sweet one:
Mom: Zoey, tell me the names of some of your friends.
Zoey: Abby and Lucas are my friends.



And a few little catch phrases:
Lucas, when he's trying to get out of doing something, like going potty: But I just already did it!
Lucas, when he wants more of something: I want a big one!
Lucas, when he's throwing a tantrum about not having enough of something: It's not a big one!






No comments:

Post a Comment