Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 17, 2011

O Christmas Tree

Last week I saw this cute idea for making a felt Christmas tree that toddlers could decorate and un-decorate themselves, in hopes of keeping them away from the real tree. http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifhttp://www.johnnyinadress.com/2011/12/play-felt-tree-ornaments.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+JohnnyInADress+%28Johnny+In+A+Dress%29

For less than $10 in felt and a slightly sore wrist from cutting all afternoon, we have some great trees! We decided to make 3 small trees rather than one big one. We used pinking shears to give the edges some flair, and we used cookie cutters as templates for cutting out the ornaments (just trace with a pencil and cut). We ended up attaching them to the wall with masking tape. Zoey was trying to rip them down as fast as my mom could get them up.

May-May adjusting the trees.

Hat-Dad helped cut ornaments out of felt.

Abby loved decorating the trees...

...while Zoey loved un-decorating them.

All cute and decorated.

This was the scene a few minutes later.


I'm so excited about this as an easy craft idea for all seasons and holidays - imagine a giant Easter egg, or Jack-o-Lantern, or tree, or whatever! Plus I want to make more ornaments - I have grand ideas of getting out my hot glue gun and putting together snowmen and candy canes and such. Plus presents to put under the tree like the blogger showed in her pictures. Guess I know what I'll be doing during nap time this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment