Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Chores

Lately we've been trying to get the kids to clean up after themselves. They do a great job of putting their dirty clothes in the laundry hamper (along with their clean clothes, my shoes, diapers, toys, and the foam letters from their floor mat). They think it's fun to imitate us, and we're trying to capitalize on it.

One day after a particularly messy meal involving splattered yogurt, I gave them all damp cloths to wipe the floor. They had a great time...


...although they kept trying to suck on the cloths while cleaning. Ick.


Cleaning their room. So glad this cleaning set came with 3 tools!


They also enjoyed cleaning the living room.


Lucas often likes to "paint" with milk using his bottle. So the other night I gave him a paper towel and told him he had to clean it up. Unfortunately, I didn't think to take away his bottle. :) (please ignore the loud music in the background)

3 comments:

  1. That is a great idea! Where did you get the little cleaning tools? Can't wait 'til mine are old enough... I'm assuming they have to walk first ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this! (and Lucas painting and wiping is too funny!) I am starting to work on this with Jones as well...its fun to see him looking so proud when I thank him for "helping" me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I always check your blog and love anonymously keeping up with your family from afar. This post hit too close to home (down to the milk painting :) We are totally going to have to get some toddler sized cleaning equipment. I hope my trips love it as much as yours.

    Martha
    (Here we Go)

    ReplyDelete