Our latest milestone - biting. These bite marks on Lucas's arm were courtesy of Zoey.
Strike a pose
Abby's version of smiling for the camera
Taking a break from playing hard
Here's a quick rundown of our lives these days:
Nighttime sleep: eh. sometimes great, sometimes not. Lately, Abby has been falling asleep late and waking up late. But Zoey still loves to get up at 6, so it really doesn't matter if Abby sleeps past 7.
Naps: usually 2 a day (8am and 1pm), but someone often boycotts one of them. Today I had precisely 10 minutes of quiet when all 3 were sleeping at the same time.
Talking: Zoey and Abby each say a few words (animal sounds are popular) and use lots of sign language. Lucas says a couple of words, especially quack, and uses a little sign language. They all love watching the sign language DVDs and reading the books. It is so great to be able to communicate with them and to have a way to understand their needs!
Being toddlers: They all let us know when they are unhappy with something! They each have their own tantrum style - Lucas rolls around on the floor and often scoots backwards under furniture. Zoey stomps her feet. Abby does a little of both.
Reading: they want us to read approximately a million books a day to them. They love seeing pictures of dogs in books and always make the sign for dog when they see them.
Food: they are getting to be a bit pickier, love throwing food off their trays, and are starting to insist on using their own bowls and spoons. Things are getting really messy.
Drink: they are still drinking milk out of bottles but will drink water out of sippy cups all day long. We are so ready to be done with bottles!
I'm sure there's more, but I'm tired and this is the first time I've sat down all day, so I'll add more later when I think of it!

No comments:
Post a Comment