Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Home alone

I've been talking with friends lately about what it's like to be home with the babies two days a week. I described it as "tiring, but no longer terrifying". A year ago, I was lining up help on a daily basis whenever my mom wasn't available, because it was way too hard to take care of all 3 by myself. Now it is totally do-able. The babies are more "self-sufficient" - they can hold their own bottles, eat finger foods, crawl/walk around the house, and entertain themselves. They also take naps at fairly predictable times. All of this adds up to reasonably peaceful days, and as long as I don't have any unrealistic expectations for getting things done around the house, I don't get too stressed. Here's an idea of what we do during the day:

Playing in their bedroom


Nothing better than lounging on a giant animal pillow or two


Love this face


We went on a lovely walk - it was still only 60 degrees at 11am! I am going to start trying to take them on walks at least 3 days a week - pushing 100 pounds of babies plus stroller up and down hills is sure to help me get in shape.


There was a tea party after lunch


Lucas likes sitting under things


Zoey helped cook our meals


They helped unload the dishwasher...


...and then reload it


Guess I ran out of steam for taking pictures by this point in the day. Even though it's not as hard to be home alone with them all day, I still count the minutes till Jason arrives home from work!

No comments:

Post a Comment