Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend this year. I had a little bit of relaxation time to myself, and some good family time. The best part at home was Jason building a raised garden bed for me. I've been wanting one for awhile - last year I tried growing tomatoes in pots on our deck and they just didn't produce much.Our soil is rocky red clay so planting directly in the ground isn't a great choice. So, Jason made me a bed.

 The kids helped.





 No cute posed pictures of me and the kids all dressed up and looking perfect. But lots of pictures of us planting seeds and plants in the bed.








The other awesome part of the weekend was the Mother's Day Tea at the kids' preschool. It was only their second day at the school and they did their best to fit right in. Their wonderful teacher, Miss Evelyn, taught all the kids sweet songs about mommies and the kids did a little concert. You can see that our kids are the smallest of the bunch!


She also had them make salt dough handprints, and pretty paper corsages, and "I love my mommy because" notes. It was all so sweet and special - I felt so lucky to get to pin 3 corsages to my shirt.
So, my fourth Mother's Day was pretty cool....

No comments:

Post a Comment