So, we're still working on the whole sleep thing. We are trying to get the babies to drop their middle of the night feeding, because really they shouldn't need it at this age. They understandably do not agree with this plan. We are slowly seeing progress, especially with Zoey, who used to wake more than once at night. Now she just wakes once. They are all stretching the time between feedings, and occasionally sleeping all the way through.
It's hard for me to let them cry, but if I go to them to soothe them too much, they just get more mad that I'm not actually feeding them. Here I am at 3am, pumping and listening to them cry, and hoping they go back to sleep soon. Of course, at first it was just Lucas crying, but he woke the others up. Now Lucas is almost asleep again but the girls are all worked up. I need to separate them once they get like this.
The pediatrician wanted us to go cold turkey with eliminating the night feedings, but I couldn't do it. However, the longer this goes on, the more willing I become to do whatever it takes. I've now gone almost 7 months without a full night's sleep and would really like to see some change in a positive direction.
Hmmm...all is quiet all of a sudden...could it be??
Here's a rundown of the last hour:
2:12 Lucas started crying (or at least, that's when I started hearing him cry)
2:20ish - went in to try to soothe him - just made him madder. Decided to wash bottles to keep myself busy.
2:30ish - girls are awake too - decided to change their diapers - Zoey had peed through her jammies and needed a total change
2:40ish - more soothing attempts - pacifier replacement, turn on crib soothers, etc. Woke Jason for consultation and assistance.
3:00ish - moved Lucas to pack-n-play in another room
3:11 - all is quiet
3:16 - shoot - Abby is crying again
sigh.

hang in there - it'll happen one day! I remember feeling so depressed at about 9 months with getting up with just one every night multiple times. It does get better! :) xoxoxo
ReplyDelete